Jon Pfeiffer is an experienced entertainment trial attorney practicing in Santa Monica, California. He has successfully tried over sixty-five cases to conclusion before juries, arbitrators and judges. Mr. Pfeiffer specializes in high stakes, "bet the company" entertainment, business and copyright litigation.
Prior to forming the boutique entertainment law firm of Pfeiffer Law Corp he was the founding and managing partner of Pfeiffer FitzGibbon & Ziontz LLP, and before that he was a partner with the international law firm of Bryan Cave LLP in its Santa Monica, California office.
Pfeiffer has served as a Judge Pro Tempore for the Los Angeles County Municipal Court. He has also served on the Board of Trustees for the Los Angeles County Bar Association and as a delegate to the State Bar Conference of Delegates. In addition, Mr. Pfeiffer has served as the president of the Santa Monica Bar Association and chair of the Santa Monica Bar Association's Entertainment Law Section.
Pfeiffer is an Adjunct Professor at the Seaver College of Letters, Arts and Sciences at Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. Mr. Pfeiffer teaches Media Law (COM 570) and has twice received the Outstanding Adjunct Teaching Award.
Jon Pfeiffer was born on a farm in Nebraska. He currently lives in Malibu, California with his wife Julie. Pfeiffer enjoys an occasional cigar and Nebraska football.
- Colorado, 1983
- Nebraska, 1984
- California, 1985
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctorate - 1983
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- B.S. - 1980
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Mortar Board
- Major: Business Administration
- The “Happy Days” lawsuit – Williams v. CBS
- G. Gordon Liddy v. Capital Gold Group
- Lions Gate v. The Daisy Entertainment