Michael D. Pospisil
Mike Pospisil is a highly regarded attorney specializing in commercial litigation - especially complex matters, as well as class action litigation. He is not only a seasoned trial attorney, representing clients across the country in both state and federal courts, but also has expertise in arbitration proceedings.
Before joining the Edgar Law Firm, Mike represented Fortune 500 plaintiff and defense clients at Bryan Cave. Mike has substantial experience in consumer class action litigation and complex litigation through his work defending H&R Block in courts throughout the country.
Most recently Mike served on the Edgar Law Firm team that successfully represented the redevelopers of Kansas City’s President Hotel in a six week jury trial against a Cleveland-based law firm, Squire Sanders & Dempsey LLP. Edgar Law Firm negotiated a $43 million settlement for their client.
In a recent case against a major construction product manufacturer, Mike assisted in the negotiation of a settlement - just before trial - for a substantial and confidential amount on behalf of the client.
Mike began his career as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable William M. Connolly of the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex and Class Action Litigation
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Member, Moot Court
- Creighton University
- B.A. cum laude
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Finance Committee, Good Shepherd United Methodist Church
- Former Board Member, Together Center