Matthew J. Limoli joined Edgar Law Firm as an associate attorney in 2011 and became a partner in 2019. Matt represents entrepreneurs, small business owners, and other victims of commercial fraud or misrepresentation in state and federal courts across the country. SuperLawyers has recognized Matt as a Rising Star (Missouri/Kansas) in each year from 2016 through 2019.
Matt's experience includes:
• Representing embezzlement victims in suit alleging fraud and negligence by a financial management company and its officers. The defendants settled for $3.5 million, an amount exceeding the victims' net out-of-pocket losses by over $1 million.
• Second-chair trial counsel for a casino management company in a misrepresentation suit against an international gaming technology manufacturer. Following a week-long trial in federal court, the jury returned a $1.4 million verdict for Matt's client.
• Second-chair trial counsel for a tool manufacturer in a counterclaim suit alleging misrepresentation by its commercial lender. The jury rejected the lender's multimillion dollar claim against Matt's client and awarded it damages.
• Obtaining the refund of over $1 million in use tax paid to the State of Kansas. Matt briefed and argued the case to the Supreme Court of Kansas, which ruled unanimously in favor of his client.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt served as a Judicial Intern at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. During law school, Matt was a member of the Washington University Law Review and an editor of Commentaries, the publication's online supplement.
A native of upstate New York, Matt now resides in Prairie Village, Kansas, with his wife Kimberly and son Andrew.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Legal Malpractice
- Missouri, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2011
- Kansas, 2012
- Illinois, 2018
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Honors: cum laude
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Major: Accounting
- Major: Finance