Michael R. Owens joined Edgar Law Firm in the spring of 2019. Michael represents clients in a variety of commercial disputes, both individually and in class action lawsuits.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael worked in the litigation group of a large, full-service law firm in Kansas City, where he represented clients in commercial, intellectual property, securities, constitutional, and class action lawsuits. Before that, Michael served as a law clerk to the Honorable Daniel D. Crabtree in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas. During law school, Michael was a note and comment editor for the Missouri Law Review and received several awards recognizing his academic achievement.
Michael is a lifelong resident of Kansas City. In his free time, Michael enjoys playing tennis, spending time with his wife and their son, and following Mizzou athletics.
- Missouri, 2014
- Kansas, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2015
- University of Missouri School of Law
- J.D. – 05/2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Law Review: Missouri Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 05/2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Evidence, Conflict of Laws
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Order of the Coif