Ryan Loehr is a trial lawyer who specializes in complex civil litigation, representing individuals and businesses who’ve been financially damaged by the acts of negligent or fraudulent companies. Ryan’s strengths include cutting through the obstacles that sometimes drag litigation down, instead focusing on the end goal using an “A to Z” litigation strategy.
Ryan’s knowledge of litigation came by way of working nearly 4 years as a civil defense attorney, where he represented businesses against claims brought by plaintiffs throughout the country. This experience taught Ryan what matters in the litigation process moves the case forward, and what areas deserve time and expense. Ryan has tried cases in front of juries, landing some of the top Missouri verdicts for his clients. Ryan has also been named a “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers.
Ryan went to law school after a 10-year career in marketing and advertising. Ryan values this “real world” experience, and knows the realities of how businesses operate. After law school, Ryan clerked for a Judge on the Kansas Court of Appeals, where he examined cases on appeal and researched where attorneys went wrong at trial, be it missed arguments or insufficient evidence. Prior to coming to the Edgar Law Firm, Ryan worked at a firm specializing in mass-tort, multi-district litigation, where Ryan helped manage the firm’s involvement, representing thousands of clients in several national litigations.
Ryan is the former president of the Morningside Neighborhood Association. Ryan spends his free time with his wife, Brook, and great dane, Coltrane. Ryan is also an avid mountain biker, and volunteers building mountain bike trails in and around the Kansas City area.
Areas of Practice
- Complex and Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Business Torts
- Product liability/defective products
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- Juris Doctorate - 2012
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Cali Award for Excellent Achievement in the Study of Legal Analysis, Research, and Writing
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Certificate in Mass-Tort, Multi-District Litigation - 2019
- Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- Major: Marketing
- Minor: Mathematics